CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Double Lotus... Double What ?!?!

This afternoon, I opened my e-mail and read about a 7 year old boy, born in Thailand, now living in Austin, TX, who collects and hands out food to the homeless, raises money for orphans and impoverished schools, reads about the world's religions and listens to public radio. He believes life is good... we're all equal... we can help people... hate is a cause for love... people should not give up... love is everywhere... it is okay to die but not to kill... war should stop... we can make peace... And as I read this unbelievably, beautiful list written by a 7 year old little boy, my own son, now 8 years old, repeatedly taps me on the shoulder and tugs at my shirt, begging and pleading with me...

"Please momma, Please!!", he begs for me to come downstairs to the playroom, strap on a Velcro vest and don safety goggles so he can pummel me with Nerf darts! I try to suggest he hang the vest on the doorknob to practice his aim... but my suggestion falls on deaf ears. He continues to beg... he really wants a moving target. I shrug... try to make excuses, but he musters up the sweetest most innocent face and asks me one more time adding... "Please... I'll give you a hundred hugs and kisses".... I guess there is hope after all.

So, I steal one last glance at the photos of the sweet little boy on screen... he is meditating in a double lotus pose, gingerly holding a caterpillar in his hands.... Look back at my own sweet, albeit mischievous, little boy and head down to strap the bulls eye across my chest....



















Okay... so it's no double lotus, but here's MY boy... he calls this the double booger sucker... I am so proud.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH I am laughing so hard!!! You are quite a writer.....I will be reading your blog frequently I can tell! We miss y'all!

Stephanie said...

That's so cool! You really are a great writer!